Thursday 11 February 2010

News of 2 of my birds!

I know they are not really my birds but they have been handled by me and the rings were placed there by me! So the news about X767541 (great tit) and LB78345 (blackbird) was welcomed but a little sad.

The BTO report arrived via my trainer Steve Hales; the blackbird, a female born last year lived another 127 days after ringing before flying into a window. technicall it flew 2 km at 181 degrees - but in reality it was just down the road. The great tit was taken by a cat some 15 days after being ringed - technically he didnt travel quite so far into the village but still at 181 degrees.

Needless to say I am absolutely on tender hooks to get my first control  - I keep telling myself its not long to the spring and migration!

No comments:

Post a Comment